Saturday, January 26, 2013

Product review: Not your mothers hair cream

I was so excited to try this product because of all the good reviews I have read about it. I bought 2 bottles of it from ulta.com and I have to say I was extremely disappointed. I paid $5.99 for each bottle. The directions say to saturate the hair when wet and to comb it through with your fingers. You can either let your hair air dry or use a diffuser. I had to apply about half a palms worth of product to saturate my hair. I found the product to be sticky and kind of thick, which I didn't like. Also, the smell was a nice grape smell when I first applied it but after drying my hair it smelt more like dirty greasy hair yuck! So after drying my hair with a diffuser I noticed that it left my hair super crunchy. Usually when a product leaves your hair crunchy you can scrunch your curls and it'll lessen the crunchy feel but this didn't happen with this product. Now it says that it eliminates frizz...wrong! My hair was just a frizzy with this product then without it. Finally, this product contains silicone in it which I don't recommend for curling hair. Overall I would not recommend this product for curly hair. Between the horrible smell and crunchy feel to your hair it is not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment